We all take virtual meetings, conference calls, and webinars. Typically they last 30 minutes to an hour. During these times you are sedentary, munching on something you shouldn’t, or hunched over your desk. What if you make that time more productive? Unless the meeting requires your physical attention or participation try these suggestions next time:
- Go for a walk- use a headset and put phone on mute
- Ride the stationery bike- the magazine holder makes a great spot for your tablet or phone
- Sit on a stability ball- this engages your core and reinforces proper posture ( try some pelvic tilts while you’re at it)
- Use the desk elliptical- you can stand or sit with it
- Take a few trips up and down the stairs- use a headset and put phone on mute
Now you have burned 200-300 calories depending on duration, intensity, and your weight/height/age. You just took your productivity to another level. Next time take a buddy.
We’d love to help your organization implement health strategies to successfully cultivate a wellness culture. Contact us at (678) 607-5579 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo credit LifeSpan
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.